Friday 1 March 2013

Why 'Pursued by Love'?

There are many times in my life when I've thought 'that's it, I've had enough' not just about my relationship with God but about a lot of things.  Life isn't easy and I am the kind of person who instinctively rebels and pushes against things and people when the going gets tough.

But the one thing I have always had to come back to was just how much God loves me, and all of us.


The idea of being pursued may conjour up a variety of meanings for different people. I don't always think about it in the best light, but one of the meanings of pursued is 'to follow someone or something to catch them' - in it's most innocent sense I believe that is what God does. He never holds his hands up and walks away from us. He doesn't hound or harrass us or chase us down, although often there have been times in my life when I've been trying to escape and everywhere I turn there is God's love at work, guiding and calming me. He is just always there.  He has a relentless love which really never gives up despite how we may feel at the time!


I'm a very emotive and passionate person, prone to long and loud outbursts and sometimes I can feel as though I'm shouting into a void but I'm gradually learning that He is always listening and, if I can stop just a second to catch my breath, I may hear something back.


You may have come over here from my lifestyle and family blog 'Catch A Single Thought' or you may have stumbled across this accidentally. Either way, this is my personal space where I'm going to share my thoughts and feelings, sometimes overly honestly (if there's such a thing!) about my walk with God.


Because life is never perfect, we're all on a journey and sometimes the going can get really really tough but God is always waiting, always loving us, always ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment